When I was younger I noticed I had an itch. A gnawing disturbance inside my body. In my teens, this itch was all about dancing. And it caused me to take action. It caused me to sign up for gymnastics…
Here are the 5 reasons you might be feeling dimly lit…in your feminine energy.
1. You don’t consciously own your body.
2. Your body is probably trapped in a cage of frozen musculature and fascia.
3. You are constantly being judged and self-judging.
4. Your feelings have been stifled by the world’s complex relationship with the natural flow of emotions.
5. Everything you were ever told about ‘happily ever after’ in love, sex and passion was a LIE.
Now more than ever it is vital that we reconnect with the truth of who we are. It’s vital that we reclaim our bodies, our emotions and our desires without shame.
I’m curious…How often do you dance? And I don’t mean formal dancing or dancing at a dance club. No one’s doing that right now. I mean just cut loose and dance? Freely, unobstructed, out loud for the whole world to see?
I love this epic body of mine. And yes, I said it… she’s epic. Why? Because there isn’t a moment that goes by when she doesn’t know exactly what I need. She soothes me when I’m anxious; she coddles me when I’m sad; she wraps me up in her arms when I need a safe place to unwind.
My relationship to my body has been a rocky one most of my life. From emaciated ballerina in my teens to the “fat 20’s,” as I used to refer to myself, to the circus-like game of inflate, deflate inflate, deflate…
I remember the rain running down the windshield of the tow truck as I sat in a beautiful long silk 1920’s thrift store dress that I’d bought just for the audition. Watching in dismay as the tow truck driver guy…